So this morning I was gonna go for a ride, being the weather seems ok.. anyway I decided instead not to procrastinate and to get on with putting my 600 back together, upon doing so I bled the brakes through on the 6 & thought whilst I had the kit out, I'd also do the 11, so commenced to do so..
I set up the pump opened up the reservoir and that's when some realisation began to hit home.. 1st of all since having this bike I have found no end of bodge jobs by previous owner!! So in hindsight I should've closely inspected the brakes before now!
The 1st thing I find is that the rubber diaphragm had been misplaced and fucked up allowing water ingress to the master cylinder (not good). So I think o'well I'll get a new one & move onto the bleeding process, upon which I find something that sent a shiver down my spine!!!
The bleed nipple had been overtightened by some previous imbecile & he/she had cracked the calliper housing